Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wall E is a terrifying film

Let me start by saying I love Pixar films, every single one of them. Howerever there are a few things about Wall E that really made me cringe. First the movie had self aware robots, and I have never seen that be a good thing, just ask John Connor. Really though those robots aren't nearly as big of a problem as is the fact that the new society on Earth has no idea how to sustain their own life outside of their spaceship. The Captain tells the kids that they can grow pizza trees, this is not a good sign. These problems don't really concern me nearly as much as really the big problem they never address. The movie presents the same group of people living on a spaceship for 700 years. For those of you that have seen the movie you know that this society is made up of people that have gotten very big due to increased laziness. So you have a lazy group of people confined to only each other. Obviously the waste problem should be a huge issue, along with the problem of what to do with the deceased would be very difficult. Yet my biggest concern is that fact that these people only have each other to reproduce with for 700 years, this would obviouslylead to 3 eyed, two toed offspring, but nope not in this movie, and that is my biggest concern.

No comments: